At Nickelodeon's March 2012 Upfront Announcements, it was announced that The Fairly OddParents would be among the several shows being given new seasons.
Here are excerpts from the official press statement:
- Nickelodeon, the top producer of television animation in the US, will roll out a new roster of over 300 new animated episodes in 2012 which includes:
- New episodes of returning hit series including SpongeBob SquarePants, T.U.F.F. Puppy, Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness, The Penguins of Madagascar, The Fairly OddParents and The Winx Club.
- As part of the overall 650 new episodes the network is rolling out this year, Nickelodeon's live-action slate will include:
- A Fairly Odd Christmas, a sequel to 2011's hit live-action TV movie, A Fairly OddMovie: Grow Up Timmy Turner, which will bow this holiday season. The original TV movie follows the exploits of Timmy Turner (Drake Bell), and his well meaning fairy godparents, as he tries to save Christmas, but first he's got to get himself off the naughty list.
- Although the episode "Farm Pit" was never aired, Nickelodeon is not pulling any tricks by including it as one of the 650 new episodes of programming for its network. Series creator Butch Hartman confirmed on twitter that a new season is being produced, although he did not specify how many episodes it would make up. Farm Pit's status is unknown, it may be aired as part of Season 9, or it may not be aired at all due to the questionable content it contains.
- Storyboard executive Dave Thomas said that the new FOP will be produced alongside T.U.F.F. Puppy. He will also not be having a hand in creating the new FOP episodes. All other staff changes are unknown at the time.
- Daniella Monet is confirmed to also be in the live action movie, according to the BC Film Commission. Filming begins late March.
- Oddparents creator Butch Hartman will be pitching four new pilots to Nickelodeon. Its not known right now what these series are, if they are related to FOP, and also note that none of them have officially been picked up by Nickelodeon as series yet.
- Its unknown when the new Fairly OddParents season will begin. Keep in mind, this news release means a new season has been ordered. As it takes nearly a year to actually produce a FOP episode, Season 9 may not begin until late 2012 or 2013.