- This is the first Oh Yeah! Cartoons episode in which Vicky, Mr. Turner, and Mrs. Turner do not appear.
- This is the first appearance of Jorgen von Strangle and Fairy World. It is interesting to note that Cosmo and Wanda act as if they have never met Jorgen before, yet later flashback episodes reveal they have known Jorgen for thousands of years.
- This is the debut appearance of Santa Claus in a non-Christmas episode.
- This is the last episode that Mary Kay Bergman voiced Timmy when she was still alive, the next episode was aired a month and twenty days after her suicidal death on November 11, 1999. The last four episodes were aired posthumously.
- This is the third episode with an animated title card.
- The first name the elf call Timmy is "Jimmy", which is ironic, considering that in the first Jimmy Timmy Power Hour, everyone (besides Cindy and Libby) in Retroville thought that Timmy was Jimmy.
- Jeff the Elf also calls Timmy "Butchy", probably as in Butch Hartman, the creator of the series.
- Timmy told Santa Claus that it was the middle of the summer, but earlier in the episode, he missed the bus, meaning that it was the school year.
- The bus looked like it dropped off Timmy. Also Timmy said "8 years of school to go," which means summer has just started.