- The Odd Couple - The title is a reference to the 1968 film, The Odd Couple.
- This episode reveals the first name of Denzel Crocker's mother is Dolores-Day.
- The name Dolores Day is an allusion to Doris Day, one of America's most prolific actresses.
- Vicky: "Ricky! Don't lose my number! You don't want to call nobody else! Send it off in a letter to yourself!" - Vicky is quoting almost exactly the chorus from Steely Dan's hit song, Rikki Don't Lose That Number.
- Vicky's bank number is all 0s.
- Apparently once people are in love this distracts their rage against someone temporarily. This was evident when it happened with Timmy's parents as this caused them to be dancing for a while until Mrs. Turner remembers being furious at Timmy for causing trouble. It also worked well on Vicky with Ricky until both decide to babysit Timmy and do double torture on him.
- According to Da Rules, you can't wish up true love. However, Timmy wished that Vicky would meet Ricky and fall in love with him. This rule may have been created after this episode due to what Timmy did here since prior to this episode, he mostly tried to interfere with true love rather than create any.
- A running gag in this episode is that there is a pianist playing a song of doom when Vicky(and later Ricky) appears.
- When Ricky asked Vicky for the bank where she keeps her money, he already had her bank card. Why didn't he read the information from the card?
- When Ricky heads upstairs to help Timmy with his "really heavy piggy bank", he steals the money from Vicky's gift bag. When he goes back downstairs, he takes the money in the gift bag a second time.