The Fairly OddParents Theme Song is the song that plays as the intro of the whole show with the exception of the Jimmy Timmy Power Hour trilogy (instead this theme and the Jimmy Neutron theme are used as a medley) and "A Fairly Odd Movie: Grow Up, Timmy Turner!". The theme song is used to give the basic premise of the show, about Timmy's miserable life, his inattentive parents, his mean babysitter Vicky, and his magical fairy godparents, Cosmo and Wanda. At the end of the intro, Vicky's head changes into a different item usually relating to the episode. It was written by Ron Jones and show creator Butch Hartman.
- Timmy is an average kid that no one understands
- Mom and Dad and Vicky always giving him commands.
- Vicky: BED, TWERP!!
- The doom and gloom
- Up in his room
- Is broken instantly
- By his magic little fish
- Who grant his every wish
- 'Cause in reality
- They are his...
- OddParents, Fairly OddParents!
- Wanda: Wands and wings!
- Cosmo: Floaty crowny things!
- OddParents, Fairly OddParents!
- Really mod, pea pod, buff bod, hot rod!
- Timmy: Obtuse, rubber goose, green moose, guava juice!
- Giant snake, birthday cake, large fries, chocolate shake!
- OddParents, Fairy OddParents!
- It flips your lid
- When you are the kid
- With Fairly OddParents!
- Vicky: Yeah right!
- [wishing noise and Vicky's head turns into something, determined by the episode]
Differences between old and new introThe theme song has been used since season 1 even after Poof was added to the show. It remained the same until Fairly OddPet, when it was eventually re-animated in widescreen with Poof added in, but the song itself remains unchanged.
- Dimmsdale appears to be at night in the old intro, whereas it seems like its a dark day in the new intro.
- In the new intro, the bus Timmy leaves has "School Bus" written on it.
- Vicky's shadow's eyes are white in the new intro, whereas its colorless in the old intro.
- Timmy's eyes are detailed in the new intro when the screen zooms to it.
- The positions of the characters at the title screen has been changed.
- Vicky's headgags appear faster in the new intro than in the old intro.
- In the new intro, there's more children in the bus than in the old one
- In the new intro, Vicky's hair is noticeably redder and Timmy's hat and shirt are a more brighter pink than in the old intro.
- In the movie Abra-Catastrophe!, apes become the dominant species of Earth and Jorgen Von Strangle declares that Fairies must now serve the apes, leading into a version of the theme song called "The Fairly Odd Primates" featuring monkey versions of Cosmo, Wanda, Vicky, Mr. Turner, and Mrs. Turner.
- If you compare the theme in some episodes, you will notice that certain episodes have a higher tune.
- In both versions of the intro, the rain stops immediately after Timmy is hit with the volleyball.
- In the Jimmy-Timmy Power Hour trilogy, Timmy battles with Jimmy Neutron over which of the two themes to use for the special. The credits feature a medley of the two themes.
- In the first Jimmy-Timmy Power Hour, Jimmy Neutron calls Timmy an "average kid who no one understands". Cosmo later says they should make a song out of it.
- In the episode "Something's Fishy", a shark claims he recognizes Cosmo's "pointy crowny thing".
- In the episode "Timmy's Secret Wish!", Jorgen sings the first part of the song before the song "A Million Wishes" starts.
- On the album The Newest Nicktoons, the song is presented without the character vocals for some reason.
- The ending credits is the same with this song's music but without the vocals; music only.
- The music that plays in the sound of the last "Fairly OddParents" said in the song sounds ironically like the "Nickelodeon" part of the Nickelodeon jingle.
- When Timmy is in the car and changes Vicky, you can see the wheels are not moving.
- The rhyming of Vicky being turned into a giant snake and later a chocolate shake is based on the pilot episode.
- Since Billionfold entered the production crew, the theme song is cut for its logo and the following Frederator logo but returns with the final few notes for the Nickelodeon logo. This is interesting since in Danny Phantom, the music is played over the DP theme.
- When Timmy, Cosmo, and Wanda are in the train in the first version of the intro, Cosmo's tie is missing. Also on the same scene, Wanda's shirt was pink. Starting in 2008 with the premiere of Fairly OddBaby, both of these errors were corrected.
- It is also clearly shown that Cosmo's tie was behind him because the train is moving fast, so the air cause it to go back.
- When Timmy's poofed in the car for a brief second Wanda's eyebrows are missing
- For more pictures and screenshots of The Fairly Odd Parents Theme Song click here!
- For more pictures and screenshots of The Fairly Odd Parents Theme Song (Season 9) click here!