- The title card is a parody of the board game "Operation" made by Hasbro.
- Mr. Crocker: "I'm nimble again! To the candle stick!" - This is clearly an allusion to the mother goose rhyme "Jack be nimble. Jack be quick. Jack jumped over the candle stick."
- When Mr. Crocker jumps the candle stick, its a reference to the 1984 game Charlie Circus, where in the first level Charlie and the lion jumps the candle sticks.
- When Cosmo says he can cure anyone this has a reference to Rasputin of claiming he can cure anyone.
- 'This is the only episode where Poof makes a small appearance.
- According to older fans, Vicky's characterization, starting with this episode, has apparently worsened in Seasons 6-7. Instead of her having to mistreat and boss around "twerps" like Timmy, shockingly, she tries to kill him in any way possible for little to no reason at all. Some of those who criticized this development have even compared it to that of Sideshow Bob from "The Simpsons". "New writers" commissioned for both seasons were even blamed as well.
- Timmy could have wished that his throat wasn't hurting at the beginning.
- The third appearance of Vicky's vet Dr. Snipowitz now as the one who gives "twerp-ectomies"
- This is the second time Wanda wearing a nurse outfit, similar to Blonda. The fist time was in the episode Scary Godparents.
- A clip of Cosmo and Wanda waking Timmy up at the beginning of this episode was used in the first promotional spot for A Fairly Odd Movie: Grow Up, Timmy Turner!
- Someone plays an organ to dramatize an event.
- Mr. Turner looking for free food/pretending to be sick/his butt being called a 'Full Moon'.
- Cosmo curing sick people (Cosmo also cured ham).
- In real life the force of Vicky being hit by the book shelf and other places could have killed her.
- If Timmy wished for his fairies to fix his tonsils, why didn't his fairies fix his tonsils instantly instead of dressing up to do so.
- At the end of episode, Timmy is already fine, and says "Hey, I can scream in terror again". But before that, he was screaming when Vicky was chasing him.
- Crocker appeared at the begining of the episode fine however he is seen broken later.
- When Vicky tries to takes the bed Timmy is in to Dr. Snipowitz's room, you can see her laughing normally for some frames from afar, and then you can see her laughing without moving her mouth when she reaches the middle of the screen. The goof stays for the next scene when she almost made it to his room.
- In real life, ripping someone's throat out could be illegal. Using scissors, chainsaws, knives, and other stuff could result in Vicky getting arrested. Even if she said, "Stay back so we can 'legally' rip your throat out!" she could possibly be arrested.