- Another reference of Rocky is when Timmy yelled at his dad for skipping school and told the latter that he is not proud of the former anymore. This is actually a reference to "Rocky 3" where Apollo Creed shouted at Rocky that There is no tomorrow
- This is one of the few episodes with a moving title card, in this case the waves are moving constantly and the boat is bobbing up and down
- Old Man and the C- - The title of the episode is a reference to the novel The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway. There was also an episode of The Simpsons with the title Old Man and the C Student
- Wink Winkydink is a parody of Wink Martindale and/or Jeff Foxworthy.
- Timmy doesn't make any wishes in this episode.
- Cosmo, Wanda and Poof didn't appear as fairies in this episode.
- Mr. Turner mentioning why green eggs go well with ham is a reference to the children's book Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss.
- The title card music is the same as Odd Pirates
- On the Verizon FiOs channel guide this episode's title is missing the "-" after the "C".
- Melvin saying to Mr. Turner that he is "too cool for school".
- Timmy being called Becky.
- Dad and Timmy's friends skipping school.
- Dad calling Mom, "Crazy Old Mrs. Turner".
- Macaroni without cheese on it being seen and eaten.
- Dad saying "sea cucumber" and giving the wrong answers.
- Someone TP-ing the Turners' house.
- In this episode, Dad says he dropped out of school in the fifth grade, while in his childhood, he attended High School and University in Dimmsdale. It is unknown which is true, but since he passed the test, he passed school.
- When Wink Winkydink showing a price for Mr. Turner, the date is February 29, 2009 or 02-29-2009. There's no way that day exists because 2009 isn't a leap year. A leap year needs to be divisible by 4 with no remainder, and 9 divided by 4 is 2 with a remainder of 1.
- Mrs. Turner makes Timmy get a job for her even though the previous episodes showed her working in Dimmsdale Real Estate.