Jackie Mason in 2006
|Born|| Yacov Moshe Maza|
June 9, 1931
Sheboygan, Wisconsin, U.S.
|Occupation||Stand-up comedian, Movie Actor|
|There is more information available on this subject at Jackie Mason on the English-language Wikipedia.|
Born Yacov Moshe Maza in Sheboygan, Wisconsin, he grew up on the lower East side of Manhattan, New York City.
Mason graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree from the City College of New York. City. At age 25, he was ordained a rabbi (as his three brothers, father, grandfather, and great-grandfather had been) in Latrobe, Pennsylvania. Three years later he resigned to become a comedian.
Selected TV, film, and radio roles
- The Ed Sullivan Show (1961–1968) frequent guest appearances
- The Stoolie (1972) - Roger Pitman
- Sleeper (1973) - Voice of robot tailor (uncredited)
- The Jerk (1979) - Harry Hartounian
- History of the World: Part 1 (1981) - Jew #2
- Caddyshack II (1988) - Jack Hartounian
- Chicken Soup (1989) - Jackie Fisher
- The Simpsons- Rabbi Hyman Krustofski in three episodes:
- "Like Father, Like Clown" (1991)
- "Today I Am a Clown" (2003)
- "Once Upon a Time in Springfield" (2009)
- The Fairly OddParents episode "Beddy Bye" (2003) - Harvey Sandman a.k.a The Sandman, a.k.a The Mattress King
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy- The Quandary Phase (2005) - The East River Lifeform
- 30 Rock episode The Collection (2007) - Himself (small guest appearance)
- The Drinky Crow Show episode "Aspire" (2009) - Mort Cooper