Frankie Muniz, November 2007
|Born|| Francisco Muniz IV|
December 5, 1985
Wood-Ridge, New Jersey, U.S.
|There is more information available on this subject at Frankie Muniz on the English-language Wikipedia.|
Francisco "Frankie" Muniz IV (born December 5, 1985) is an American actor and racecar driver who voiced Chester McBadbat in The Fairly OddParents. He is known as the star of the FOX television family sitcom, Malcolm in the Middle. In 2003, Muniz was considered "one of Hollywood's most bankable teens". In 2007, he put his acting career on hold to pursue a racing career. He currently competes in the Atlantic Championship. He also starred in the movies Agent Cody Banks and Big Fat Liar.
Fox premiered Malcolm in the Middle on January 9, 2000, as a mid-season replacement, and the show was quickly overcome with accolades. The premiere episode was watched by 23 million and the second episode by 26 million. Muniz then won many awards for the series, including young star awards, young artist awards and kids' choice awards. Muniz anchored the show with his narration and central role in many of the series' plots, although he has said that he does not consider himself a comic actor and does not find himself funny. He was nominated for Golden Globes in 2000 and 2001, the Emmy Awards in 2001, and was honored with the Hollywood Reporter "Young Star Award" for his work in the series.
Throughout his television career Muniz made guest appearances on the shows Lizzie McGuire, Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, and MADtv. His first starring role in a feature film was as Willie Morris in the family period piece My Dog Skip (2000), released around the same time as the pilot for Malcolm In The Middle.
The Fairly OddParents
Frankie Muniz did the voice of Chester McBadbat from 2001-2002. He was eventually replaced in this role by Jason Marsden. The reason for this change was mostly due to Chester becoming a more frequently appearing character in later seasons, as well as Frankie Muniz's age and obligations to other projects.
- ↑ "Frankie Muniz - Overview". Allmovie. http://www.allmovie.com/artist/frankie-muniz-232781. Retrieved 2009-07-06.
- ↑ "CBS News". Frankie Muniz: Hollywood Star. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/06/09/48hours/main557660.shtml. Retrieved March 23 2006.
- ↑ Josef Adalian and Michael Schneider (2000-01-18). "Sitcom savior?". Variety.com. http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117760956.html?categoryid=14&cs=1. Retrieved 2007-04-25.
- ↑ Matt Webb Mitovich. "News". http://malcolminthemiddle.tktv.net/news.html.
- ↑ "About.com". Transitioning to adult roles with Jason Riner. http://actionadventure.about.com/cs/weeklystories/a/aa031104_2.htm. Retrieved March 23 2006.
- ↑ "Academy of Television Arts & Sciences". 58th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards. http://emmys.org/awards/primetimeawards.php/. Retrieved March 23 2006.