Fairy pregnancy isn't like human pregnancy at all. In human pregnancy, the females give birth, and it takes about nine months to deliver. In fairy biology, the male fairies are the ones that give birth. It happens three times as quickly, meaning that it only lasts for three months, which may have to do with the fact that fairies heal incredibly fast.
The Fairy's stomach gets bigger due to the developing baby inside, but will only have small annoyances. The Fairy will also not be able to fly as high due to the weight of the baby.
The fairy will be in a lot of pain, continue to vomit frequently, has very violent mood swings, and his stomach becomes enormous. While ready to give birth, the fairy will have severe pain. In the case of Poof, he had to be wished out since no one knew how to deliver him. It is unknown if there is another way to deliver a fairy baby since there was no baby born for over ten thousand years. Even people didn't know.
- Cosmo is the only fairy who has been seen pregnant on-screen in the series.
- Fairy pregnancy is similar to seahorse pregnancy, in which the babies are in the male's pouch instead of the female.
- While male fairies have the babies, female fairies are still the ones with breasts.
- Implied by Cosmo, when a baby kicks, it appears to be the equivalent to contractions.
- When Anti-Fairies have babies, the female has the baby which is ironic, because anti-fairies are supposed to be the opposite of regular fairies and humans.